30 Aug Early Years 1:1 SEN Support
Early Years 1:1 SEN Support – Manchester Primary
Supply Teaching UK are working with a Primary School in the M15 area of Manchester. The school is looking to support identified children within the Early Years and as a result are looking to appoint a SEN teaching assistant potentially on a long-term basis from September.
The role of a SEN teaching assistant will be supporting a child in the Early Years on a 1:1 basis with Cerebral Palsy.
About the school
- OFSTED Graded “Good” School
- Supportive and welcoming staff members
- Great facilities and support network within the Early Years foundation stage About the role
- Assist the development of individuals
- Encourage pupils to interact, engage and work with others
- Work with the class teacher and other staff members to provide an excellent learning environment
- Work on a 1:1/small group basis with pupils who may have communication issues/disengaged
- Attend to pupil’s personal needs when necessary Person Specification
- Experience working in Early Years or KS1 is desirable
- Knowledge of the EYFS curriculum and phonics would be desirable
- Have a proactive approach to assisting children’s learning
- Communication through visual aids
- Experience working with Cerebral Palsy
- Further experience such as working with children with SEN would be beneficial.